The following is taken from Yisrael Beytenu’s official platform, written ahead of the 2009 elections.
The primary duty of every state is to ensure the personal security of its citizens. As Minister of Internal Security, Yizhak Aharonovitch has ushered in many significant changes:
- The establishment of hundreds of new positions in the Israeli Police Force
- The development of the infrastructure for the establishment of an Enforcement Department in southern Israel.
- Establishment of a network of security cameras to monitor and reduce vandalism and other crime
- Expansion of the project ” A City without Violence” to the majority of local authorities
- The “Urban Police Project” operating in dozens of cities and local authorities throughout Israel
Yisrael Beytenu is as committed as ever to making Israel’s streets as safe as possible and providing the police with the budget and capabilities needed. However, it is not only the police who can reduce crime, education too has its role to play. Yisrael Beytenu believes in the importance of teaching children about the dangers of drugs and alcohol and that violence has no place in society.