Immigration and Integration
The following is taken from Yisrael Beytenu’s official platform, written ahead of the 2009 elections.
Yisrael Beytenu believes that aliyah is a crucial strategic asset to Israel and a fulfillment of the Zionist dream of Jews from around the world returning to their homeland.
We are concerned about the high rate of non-affiliation of Diaspora Jews and the abundance of anti-Zionist, anti-Israel activists to be found in a significant number of Jewish organizations. Yisrael Beytenu believes that through building meaningful relationships with Jewish communities around the world, we can strengthen Jewish identity and love of Israel.
Israel must regain its position as a defining and uniting force among Jewish communities worldwide. Israel must give its support to the pro-Israel groups abroad and play an active role in strengthening Diaspora Jews’ bond with Israel.
Yisrael Beytenu will invest much effort and resources to encourage immigration from Jewish communities around the world and to ease the absorption process. This includes PR campaigns abroad and reaching out to Diaspora communities and building strong relationships with them.
In addition, we will continue to make positive changes in the following areas:
- Welfare of Holocaust survivors
- Promoting the status of veterans
- Comprehensive assistance for single parent families
- Providing solutions for education and leisure activities for young people in informal education settings
- Support for immigrants during their first years in Israel
- “Professional Incubator”- A special framework to integrate immigrant scientists in research and development in the various economic sectors
- Providing opportunities for talented athletes and artists to express their talents and skills in a professional or amateur context
- Make cultural events more available and affordable to the public
- The re-establishment of the Ministerial Committee on the Arrangement of Pensions for immigrants who are entitled to pensions from their native countries.